Raggedy Hair, Raggedy Heart


The Gray Haired Lady
Chapter 2

Has something like this ever happened to you?  I had waited way too long, until my hair was at that I-need-a-cut-NOW stage.  Thinking I could get an appointment in a few days, I called Hair Illusions only to find out Janice was booked for over a week!  Reluctantly, I took the first appointment that worked for us both and resigned myself to just looking raggedy! 

With a few days to go before my haircut the phone rang…it was my daughter.  “Mom, I called Janice to see if I could get in for a cut before our “date-night” on Friday and she’s booked!”  I fell right into her thoughts…”Oh”, I said, “I have an appointment on Thursday, you can have it.”  “Well, that’s what I was wondering”, she replied.  “And, since you won’t be going and I will, I could use a sitter…” 

Our plans, man’s plans, women’s plans…they’re fragile, ever changing with every whiff and whim!   However, when God has a plan and sets a date…it happens, it’s written in ink and every detail to accomplish His plan is perfect!
It was a Divine Appointment for the Gray Haired Lady and I to cross paths that day and I’m ever so thankful.

As we left off in chapter one, the Gray Haired Lady and I had exchanged smiles in the parking lot at Revive Our Hearts and I told my friend, Debbie, that I had to meet that woman. 

Debbie and I found our way into the recording studio and picked up our name badges.  Earlier that morning, we decided to sit near the middle section to avoid going away with sore necks from looking either right or left the whole day.  Debbie grabbed my book bag and plopped our stuff on two chairs in the middle, perfect, no stiff neck tomorrow I thought to myself.

These recording days are now like a little reunion as we meet and chat with women who are becoming new friends.  Like most women, there is always much catching up needed as events in our lives are ever changing.  Ellie, from New York and another Nancy and I connected quickly and chatted a bit…then I found my saved seat.
 
Heading for my chair I knew what God’s plans were for my day.  In front of me and over one seat sat the Gray Haired Lady…all by herself!  Eagerly, I seated myself and began telling the story!  “……I knew when our eyes met in the parking lot, and even told my friend that, ‘Today I have to meet that gray haired lady right there!’” 

The gracious, aged woman responded with a soft voice and strikingly peaceful blue eyes, “Well aren’t you sweet.”  At that moment I thanked God for His Divine Appointments in my life!  This was perfectly arranged and on His calendar, not one minute late or one minute early!  The Gray Haired Lady was about to minister to my raggedy heart, just when it was needed.

…and my haircut is tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment